Have you just launched your startup? Congratulations! You have done a great job. Now you need to take the next step – you need to create an effective digital marketing plan and start spreading the word about your startup.
Fortunately, we live in the digital world where businesses of any level, including local businesses and startups, can afford to promote their products online.
The only problem is that there is a wide variety of digital marketing strategies for startups. So if you are a newbie to the field, it may be a challenge for you to understand what startup brand strategy you better choose.
If you go for the right strategy, you will make your brand stand out and make your startup project successful. But if you choose the wrong marketing tactic, you will waste your time and money and will not get positive results.
Do you need help making the right strategic decision? Keep reading. In this article, you will find the most effective growth hacking strategies for startups.
Why is digital marketing important for startups?
While traditional marketing is associated with high costs, digital marketing is considered a more affordable solution. Unlike television commercials and print advertisements that typically cost thousands of dollars, the price of the Facebook ad campaign or a single blog post can start from just a few dollars.
Profitability is not the only benefit of digital marketing strategies for startups. Online marketing allows startups to reach a wider audience and Develop more meaningful relationships with customers.
Research your target audience
By taking advantage of digital marketing tools, you can get to know your target audience better. For example, you can find out how old your customers are, where they live, what preferences they have, and how they behave online. This information will help you improve your product, improve the customer experience, and boost your marketing efforts.
Modern customers know that there are many scammers on the web. For this reason, they are wary of new brands that do not have a strong online presence. Therefore, you should take advantage of digital marketing strategies for small business start-up to convince people that your company is real and trustworthy.
Engage your target audience
The general rule of thumb is: if you want your startup project to be successful, be where your customers are. If you are targeting millennials and Gen Z, who spend an average of 5.2 hours and 9 hours (omnidigitalmarketing.co.uk/) a day, respectively, consuming content on mobile devices, you need to increase your online presence. Otherwise, it will be a challenge for you to attract customers and increase revenue.
Help your customers make more informed purchasing decisions
Gone are the days when companies successfully used intrusive marketing tactics to get people to spend money.
Today, customers do not trust brand messages. Instead, they tend to make more informed purchasing decisions. They read blog posts, analyze product reviews, and communicate with businesses via chatbots and messengers to ask additional questions.
If you want your startup to prosper, you must create a comprehensive content marketing strategy to guide customers to the right purchasing decisions.
Optimize your marketing budget
Online marketing strategies for startups often include the use of more than one marketing tactic. By leveraging email marketing, influencer marketing, PPC advertising, and SEO, startups can reach a wide audience quickly and make the first sales immediately after launch. Since each business is unique and has its unique goals, business owners can use different tactics at different times to maximize efforts and optimize the marketing budget.
6 effective digital marketing strategies for startups
We have already discovered why digital marketing is important. Now let’s talk about the best marketing strategies for startups.
1. Create a website
The first thing you need to do to start marketing your startup is to establish your web presence and build your brand.
Your main task here is to create a website for your startup that stands out from the crowd and attracts the target audience. Here are several tips you can follow:
- Create engaging content for the “About Us” page. Write about who you are, what you do and what your innovative product is about. Consider using storytelling to attract your website visitors.
- Add testimonials, if any. Modern customers value real customer reviews first.
- Review the page descriptions. Since bad grammar can scare potential customers, you need to make sure your website is free of spelling and typographical errors.
- Add images. Use photos, videos, infographics, graphics, and other visual content to grab and hold the attention of your website visitors.
- Be careful when choosing the color scheme and layout of your site. Make sure your website looks visually appealing and at the same time reflects the visual identity of your brand.
2. Start a blog
If you want to attract more users to your website and become a thought leader in your niche, you must start a blog. You must create high-quality content and share it with your target audience. Here are some helpful tips:
Use the best marketing tools like BuzzSumo and SEMrush to discover content ideas quickly.
Visit blogs and forums that are popular with your target audience. Analyze the frequently asked questions and define the topics that are worth covering on your blog.
If you don’t have a content creator on your team, get help from freelance writers or copywriting companies. Check out the following sites: PeoplePerHour, TrustMyPaper, Upwork. You can hire writers for one-time projects or you can go for a long-term collaboration.
Add a “Write to us” page to your website and start accepting guest posts from bloggers and freelance writers. Get free content in exchange for backlinks.
3. Take advantage of SEO optimization
Digital marketing goes hand in hand with SEO (search engine optimization). Regardless of the content you create, you need to optimize it for Google. If you don’t, your site will never appear on the first page of search results and people will never know about your start.
Here are three key aspects of SEO:
- Valuable and unique content
- Quality backlinks
- SEO on page
If you want to improve the ranking of your website, you should do the following:
- Research the keywords. Use Google keyword planner, Ubersuggest, or similar tools to find relevant long-tail keywords and then naturally embed them into your content.
- Make your text readable. Add at least one heading for every 200 words and use bulleted lists when possible.
- Improves the readability of the text. Replace sophisticated, little-used words with simpler alternatives. Avoid passive voice. Keep your sentences short (less than 20 words).
- Write short, descriptive titles (less than 60 characters) and meta descriptions (less than 160 characters) for each page. Make sure to add a keyword.
- Build backlinks. Improve content quality to get backlinks coming from high domain authority websites. Try various link building techniques.
4. Develop an email marketing strategy
Email marketing is one of the best low-cost marketing strategies for startups. According to the Campaign Monitor report, 64.1% of all startups use email marketing in their practices.
How can you get the most out of your email marketing strategy?
- Take advantage of each and every opportunity to build an email list. Create a pop-up window for each web page. Insert a registration form on your website. Use lead magnets (checklists, e-books, white papers, etc.) to encourage people to share your emails.
- Create informative and interesting emails to read. Do not send emails that do not add value to the recipients, which will result in a high unsubscribe rate.
- Add one or two calls to action to each email. Then encourage users to visit your website, buy your product, or take any other action to increase your conversion rates.
5. Advertise your startup on Google
Blogging, email marketing, and SEO optimization are great marketing tools for achieving long-term marketing goals. However, if you want to get immediate marketing results and make sales, you should use PPC (price per click) advertising.
What steps should you take to successfully promote your startup on Google?
- Choose the right keyword to reach potential customers who are looking for products similar to yours.
- Write a winning ad copy. Choose your words wisely to intrigue the user with your offer. If copywriting isn’t your thing, visit Supreme Dissertations and get help from professional writers.
- Set up a campaign experiment. Take advantage of A / B testing to optimize your PPC campaign.
6. Take advantage of social media marketing
Social media is an integral part of modern customer life. And you cannot ignore this fact. If you want to stay connected with your target audience, you need to increase your presence on social media.
Before doing so, consider the following:
- It is not necessary to be present in each of the social media platform. Instead, you should choose one or two platforms that your customers use the most.
- Interact with your customers in every possible way. Respond to their comments, invite them to take surveys, encourage them to ask you questions.
- Strive to build community. Share knowledge and work to engage the people who support your startup.
Try these digital marketing strategies for startups
You will never know which digital marketing strategy is the best for your startup until you try it. There is no one-size-fits-all solution that works equally well for all companies.
We recommend that you try these six online marketing strategies for startups and compare their effectiveness. It will help you understand how you should distribute your marketing budget to get the desired results.
Image credit: ken tomita; pexels; Thank you!