Almost all modern companies structure their marketing and advertising campaigns around their website, or at least a series of dedicated business landing pages. It makes sense to run your campaigns this way, as it is convenient for customers and inexpensive (not to mention easy to coordinate).
But if this sounds like your business, you know there is a core problem: getting people to access your website as consistently and quickly as possible. Most marketing strategies They are designed to increase your visibility, such as using SEO to ensure your website is listed higher on search engine results pages (SERPs) or using PPC ads to display your site directly. But none of these strategies guarantee that your customers will click your links and see your content on the site.
What steps can you take to increase your click-through rate (CTR)?
Two different types of CTR
First, we need to explain that there are two different types of CTR that are worth considering as a marketer: the organic CTR. and PPC ad CTR.
Organic CTR refers to the percentage of users who click on your link on search engine results pages after finding that link. There are some studies that suggest that your organic CTR plays a role in increasing your rank, but this may be a correlative property rather than a causal link. In any case, a higher ranking won’t mean anything to your brand unless you can also increase your CTR at the same time.
Your PPC ad CTR refers to the percentage of users who click on the link in your PPC ad after finding that ad. It can play a role in determining your Quality Score on some platforms, which can ultimately influence your bidding costs, the display of your ads, and other factors relevant to your long-term success.
Improve your PPC ad CTR
There are some specific strategies that can help you increase your CTR for your PPC ad campaign:
- Increase your quality score. First, try increasing your quality score. Your quality score as an advertiser is calculated on the back end and is something that is difficult to control. However, if you put forth a concentrated effort to write the best content that you can specifically for your target audience, and you deliver on all your promises, your quality score should never be a problem.
- Use ad extensions. Use ad extensions if they are available to you. The different add extensions allow you to take advantage of more space in different ways; for example, you can display some of your internal pages or include images of the product you are advertising. In any case, it will increase your visibility and prove that you are more reliable.
- Experiment to find the best types of ads for your customers. There are many different types of ads that you can use in your PPC campaign. Each one has different pros and cons. Make sure try a variety of different formats to see which one is best for your target audience.
- Choose the best keywords. Keyword selection plays a big role in your ultimate success in any PPC campaign. With better keywords, you can reach more people with a more relevant message, while avoiding competition and keeping your costs low. It also means understanding your audience better, so you can write more relevant ad copy for them, eventually leading to higher click-through rates.
- Use remarketing. Remarketing won’t increase your CTR directly, but it will help you get more clicks and visits from people who missed your original ad. It is a form of advertising aimed at people who have shown interest in your brand in the past, but have not closed the deal.
General strategies for better CTR
These strategies, on the other hand, can be used to increase your CTR in any context:
- Write concisely. Keep your message as concise as possible. Copywriters often try to store as much information as they can in a finite amount of space, but this is inefficient and can be overwhelming for consumers trying to make a quick decision. Instead, limit your headlines and ad copy to as few words as possible.
- Include prices transparently (where relevant). If you are promoting a product or if you are showing your services, it is a good idea to include its price in a transparent way. People who cannot afford their prices are not a good fit. people who can afford your price are much more likely to ask for more details. Just make sure your prices are accurate or you’ll lose a lot of confidence when people click.
- Stimulate curiosity. If you want people to click at a faster rate, you need to pique their curiosity. Hint that there is a surprise waiting for them or joke with a sneak peek of something. If you can convince someone that they need to learn more, the click is almost guaranteed.
- Use longer sentences. If you want to get a higher CTR for your SEO campaign, be sure to target long-tail keyword phrases, rather than main keywords. Long-tail phrases tend to have less competition and are easy to come by; They are also a great way to ensure that you can make your messages as specific as possible to a segment of your target audience. It’s hard to figure out which long-tail keywords are the best, but once you do, it will be easy to navigate.
- Understand and speak directly to your audience. Who is your target audience? What are their demographics? What are your core values and perspectives? How do they see the world? The better you understand this, the more directly you can reach them with your messaging.
- Pay attention to their titles and descriptions. When optimizing your website pages, pay close attention to title tags and meta descriptions. These content sections are what people will see for the first time when they notice your entry in the SERP. If you can catch them with an attractive title and pique their interest with a unique description, they will be much more likely to click.
- Include pictures when possible. People are much faster processing visual information than they are processing written information. If you include images in your organic posts or ads, you will see much higher CTRs. Try to include attractive photos, infographics, or even videos to incentivize more visits.
- Make sure the design is perfect. Poor UX / UI leads to poor click-through rates and even more leads, conversions, and sad sales. Make sure that your Web-page design It is perfect and fully tested to ensure the best results out of the door.
- Structure your content as numbers, steps, or other digestible forms. Use structured branding to present your information in a concise and digestible format that your customers can easily consume. Bulleted lists, numbered steps, and ordered lists are great for improving your CTR.
- Experiment and improve. This is the most important tip, as it is relevant to everyone else – take the time to experiment and improve. It is impossible to say exactly what will increase your CTR or exactly what your clients prefer, so you have to discover these things through the scientific method. Try a variety of different types of advertising, different messages, and different tactics, then measure your results. How much more know your approach to marketing and advertisingthe better your results will be.
Bonus: improve your initial site experience
Here’s an additional tangentially related tip for you: do what you can to improve your initial site experience. Your website should load quickly and completely, with no missing images or other content. It must be mobile-friendly and responsive. It should also be safe, without pop-up ads or other intrusions. Otherwise, if your site is annoying or not working properly, even the highest CTR in the world will be useless because its bounce rate is so high.
In any case, these strategies can help you increase your CTR regardless of whether you prefer SEO or PPC ads. And with a higher CTR, you shouldn’t have a problem getting more customers and generating more revenue.