Pay-per-click (PPC) advertising has gone from being a relatively obscure digital marketing strategy for only the most specialized websites to being a tool in the marketing toolkit of virtually every business with an online presence. If you want to capitalize on that popularity and make a reliable profit, you should consider starting your own PPC advertising agency.
But what is the best way to do it?
The value of a PPC ad agency
Let’s start by explaining the potential payoff of starting your own PPC advertising agency. You will become an entrepreneur and enjoy all the benefits of entrepreneurship, such as owning your own business, setting your own hours, and making independent decisions.
But you will also enjoy these unique benefits:
- Accessibility. I would be lying if I said that it is easy to start a PPC advertising agency. To be successful, you will need to invest a lot of money and time, and there is no guarantee that you will get the results you want. But compared to other types of businesses, PPC agencies are relatively easy to start. You can learn the basics of this advertising strategy in the span of an afternoon, and you don’t need an office building or expensive equipment to get started. It is also easy to access someone else’s existing Google Ads account (with your permission, of course). Compared to other businesses, startup costs are minimal, making it an ideal option if you’re on a budget.
- Potential profitability. PPC ad campaigns run on their own, up to a point. Starting a campaign is time-consuming and difficult, and experiments take some time. You will also need to monitor and analyze the campaign regularly. But even with that in mind, PPC ad management is almost a passive source of income, allowing you to generate thousands of dollars of income per month without requiring a great deal of effort.
- Scalability If you are willing to invest in marketing and advertising, PPC ad agencies are extremely scalable, especially if you use AI. You can get by with just one or two clients, or recruit more people to your agency and ultimately hire hundreds of clients. It all depends on your goals and what you are willing to manage.
- Flexibility. There is also a lot of room for flexibility in your approach to PPC advertising. You can focus exclusively on small businesses or specialize in serving major organizations. You can focus on a specific industry or serve a wide variety of clients. You can also adopt an aggressive advertising strategy or something more passive and consistent. Whatever your preferences, there is a way forward for you.
- Potential for professional development. Being a PPC advertising manager also has some benefits for your career. You will be able to meet a lot of new people and be exposed to a wide variety of different industries. You will also learn much more about user search behavior and your target audience. It is a useful experience for almost any career in business or marketing.
- Long-term planning. PPC advertising is not a fad and it won’t be going away any time soon. Investing in a PPC advertising agency is one way to invest in the future. As long as you are willing to adapt to new platforms and new industry trends, you can continue to leverage this as a source of income indefinitely.
Routes to provide PPC advertising services
At the core of your PPC ad agency will be the provision of PPC ad management services. There are several ways to provide them:
- Self-training and education. One option is to train yourself and learn the basics of PPC advertising. Google, Bing, and other platforms have curricula you can follow and certifications you can earn. Of course, the best way to learn is through experience; No matter how hard you study, your first few campaigns will be challenging and you will have to keep an open mind to learn the correct way to handle them.
- Internal teamwork. You can also hire experts in PPC advertising, or hire trained employees and teach them to manage campaigns. This approach is advantageous because it gives you more flexibility, but it also tends to be slower. If you are trying to start an agency as soon as possible, this may not be an option.
- Outsourcing. One of the most popular options is to outsource your PPC services. Instead of trying to do all the work yourself, you will partner with another PPC agency that has more facilities and more experience. They can serve your clients on your behalf, charging a lower rate than what you charge your clients, allowing you to pocket the difference.
Important phases for the creation of a PPC advertising agency
It’s best to think of setting up a PPC advertising agency as something that unfolds in several phases, including:
- Research and planning. You can’t imagine your way into the PPC advertising business. You need to spend time researching your audience, your competition, and more.
- The foundation. The early stages of developing your business will include branding, creating a website, and creating the foundation for your marketing and advertising campaigns.
- Your first client. Getting your first customer is an important milestone that will legitimize and strengthen your business.
- Generation and escalation of leads. After that, you will need work on lead generation and scale your business, ultimately onboarding more customers, automating campaigns, and earning more money in the process.
Your business plan will serve as a blueprint for your business. It is where you will analyze all the strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats that could affect the development of your organization. It is also your opportunity to form a strategy and chart the course of your success.
These are some of the most important elements to consider:
- Your target audience. Who is your target audience? It’s tempting to target anyone who can benefit from PPC advertising, but doing so will sacrifice relevance. Usually it is much better to focus on one or a few specific niches, catering to them specifically with specially designed services. Get to know these demographics well, consider your biggest media and biggest challenges, and optimize your brand and message to perfectly fit them.
- Differentiating factors. There are already thousands of people professionally managing PPC ad campaigns. What makes your services different? If there are no differentiating factors, your business will integrate with the others and will not stand out to any potential customer. A beautiful website It’s a great start as it gives your website an aesthetic edge, but you’ll also need to think about your pricing, your strategic positioning, your customer service, and even your brand qualities.
- Main weaknesses and obstacles. Too many new entrepreneurs spend their business plans talking about how much money they are going to make and how amazing their idea is. You will have a much better chance of success if you analyze the key weaknesses and obstacles that stand in your way.
Get your first customer
As you gain more experience and develop your reputation, your PPC agency will become easier and easier to manage. That’s one of the reasons why landing your first client is such an important and important challenge to overcome. There are a number of ways to get that first customer, such as through networking, aggressive price cuts, or even bartering. Regardless of how you find your first customer, do everything you can to make this campaign a success and serve as a test of your skills.
PPC advertising agencies have a happy potential to help millions of business owners make a bigger impact and outperform their biggest rivals; it is also a great way to earn a lot of money. If you want to get into the digital marketing game, or if you just want to future-proof your digital marketing career while tapping into your entrepreneurial instincts, starting this type of agency might be your best move.