Samsung Canada today launched its NX1 Smart Camera to make it the latest addition to its digital imaging lineup,
This pro-inspired camera combines cutting-edge design with industry-leading Samsung camera innovation and delivers an unrivaled photographic experience, setting a new benchmark for what to expect from Compact System Cameras (CSCs).
“The NX1 redefines what is possible for image and video capture in the Canadian market,” he said. paul brannen, Executive Vice President, Mobile Solutions, Samsung Canada. “Through the NX1’s user-focused design and innovation, we’re helping photographers reimagine the level of quality and experience possible in every shot.”
Designed for photographers looking to capture the moments that inspire, the NX1 puts the user at the forefront with an interface that lets them focus on capturing the perfect shot with confidence. Supporting the intelligent user interface is Samsung’s legacy of innovation, boasting versatile performance and an attention to detail that will encourage photographers to rethink their perspectives on what a camera can and should do.
To celebrate this global launch, Samsung partnered with actor and filmmaker Joseph Gordon-Levitt, who created the short film “In a City” to demonstrate the beautiful content this new camera can capture. Shot entirely on the NX1, the film tapped into filmmakers from around the world under the direction of Gordon-Levitt to showcase the endless possibilities of Samsung’s latest camera.
As a bonus, fans can also go behind the scenes with Gordon-Levitt for a deeper understanding of what makes the NX1 a photographer or filmmaker’s dream. Providing additional context on how “In a City” came together, from conceptualization to final cut, fans can see NX1 in action by following this link:
Ushering in a new era for photography in Canada:
Features that help the NX1 stand out from the crowd and set a new benchmark for photography in Canada include:
- A professional state of mind: The NX1 uses a highly durable magnesium alloy body with a solid, rugged feel that high-end photographers are used to. This dust and splash resistant, comfortable and easy to operate thanks to its ergonomic design and attention to detail.
- Bringing photos to life like never before: From composition to capture, the NX1 was created to bring the moments that inspire photographers to life with true clarity. The electronic viewfinder features an XGA OLED screen with 2.36 million dots, while the 3.0-inch Super AMOLED FVGA display with touch capabilities it breaks boundaries as the only CSC to feature a superior LCD panel.
- ‘Picture perfect’ in any light: Bolstered by Samsung’s New Design 28MP APS‑C CMOS sensor, which has an innovativerear lighting Featuring a micro-lens array structure, the NX1 effectively reduces even the subtlest noise and ensures stunning results even in low-light conditions.
- Unmatched speed and accuracy: The DRIME V The image processor used by the NX1 is powerful and fast, with world class AF speed (0.055s). Furthermore, its industry leading 15 FPS continuous shooting allows users to seamlessly track and film entire action sequences without sacrificing image quality.
- Travel lighter: With no external equipment required, filmmakers can bring their inspirations to life in vivid quality thanks to4K UHD video recording support.
The Samsung NX1 is available for purchase at major Canadian retailers including Henry’s, Lozeau, The Camera Store and Vistek. Suggested MSRP is $2,999.99.
Consumers can also purchase the NX1 through special order at Broadway Camera, London Drugs and Zone 5 Photo.
Samsung NX1 Specifications
Samsung NX1 Specifications
28.2 effective megapixel APS-C BSI CMOS sensor
76.8 mm (3.0 in) Super AMOLED tilting display with touch panel (tilts up 90°, down 45°)
|See search engine||
electronic viewfinder (OLED) with eye contact sensor
Auto, 100, 200, 400, 800, 1600, 3200, 6400, 12800, 25600 (1 EV or 1/3 EV step) (EXT. 51200)
JPEG (3:2): 28M (6480×4320), 13.9M (4560×3040), 7.1M (3264×2176), 3.0M (2112×1408)
File format: RAW (SRW ver2.0.0), JPEG (EXIF 2.3), MPO (for 3D glasses), DCF
MP4 (Video: HEVC/H.265, Audio: AAC)
Frame rate: 60fps, 30fps, 24fps NTSC / 50fps, 25fps, 24fps PAL
NTSC, PAL, HDMI
SMART mode: Action Freeze, Beauty Face, Fireworks, Landscape, Light Trace, Multi-Exposure, Night, Panorama (Live), Rich Tone (HDR), Samsung Auto Shutter, Silhouette, Sunset, Waterfall
Capture still images and 3D videos
built in an instant (Guide number 11 at ISO100)
Magnesium shell body
Dust and splash resistance *Note: This product is not waterproof or dustproof. It is designed to resist dust and minor splashes only. Exposure to severe conditions is not recommended.
*Note: The availability of each service may differ by country.
SD, SDHC, SDXC, UHS-I, UHS-II
|Dimensions (W x H x D)||
138.5 x 102.3 x 65.8
550g (without battery)